Mr. Skorewicz is a shareholder with Appleton Reiss. He currently operates the Firm’s St. Petersburg, Florida office.
Mr. Skorewicz has represented community associations throughout the State of Florida for over a decade. He advises community boards and managers about all aspects of community association law, including covenant enforcement, covenant amendments, contracts, collections and foreclosures. He also counsels associations about the statutory and documentary guidelines for the daily administration of their communities. Mr. Skorewicz also regularly represents landlords, and small businesses throughout the state of Florida.
As the former law clerk to the Honorable Christopher W. Altenbernd of the Second District Court of Appeal, Mr. Skorewicz has significant appellate court experience, as well. Mr. Skorewicz has successfully briefed and argued landmark cases before the appellate courts in Florida on behalf of community associations.
Mr. Skorewicz has additionally handled matters on behalf secured creditors and lessors including obtaining replevin of and negotiating the return of aircraft, flight simulators, construction and agriculture equipment, antique coins and artifacts, and rare motor vehicles. Mr. Skorewicz assisted the Kingdom of Spain during five years of litigation successfully obtaining the return of coins and artifacts to Spain. Mr. Skorewicz also prevailed in arbitration representing a large national lender regarding a complex secured transaction while avoiding multimillion dollar lender liability claims. Mr. Skorewicz regularly represented clients in the defense of warranty claims under state Lemon Laws and the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act.
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2002
- Eckerd College, B.S., with honors, 1996
- The Florida Bar, Admitted 2002
- Middle District of Florida
- Northern District of Florida
- Southern District of Florida
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- The Florida Bar, Business Law and Litigation Sections
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Law clerk for two years to the Honorable Chris W. Altenbernd, Chief Judge, Florida District Court of Appeal, Second District.
- Former law clerk for the Department of Justice in Washington, D.C.
- Eckerd College Alumni Association
- The Bridgton Academy Alumni Association
- Sigma Xi Scientific Research Society
- Graduate of the Leadership Tampa Class of 2013
HONORS & RECOGNITIONS
- Recognized as a “Super Lawyer” by Florida Super Lawyers Magazine
- Recognized as a member of Florida’s “Up & Coming Legal Elite” by Florida Trend Magazine
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” by Florida Super Lawyers Magazine